CBS This Morning gave us (ok, all credit unions) a nice plug in their segment on why credit unions are a great choice. With the Fed keeping interest rates low, you’ll want every advantage you can get in managing your finances these days. What are the big advantages?
- It’s easy to join. For First Source Federal Credit Union, if you live, work, worship or attend school in Oneida or Herkimer counties, you can be a Member. That’s it. Visit or call us if you’re not sure if you qualify.
- As a non-profit, member-owned organization, our rates on your savings are generally higher than banks, and our rates on loans are generally lower. Loosely translated, more money in your pocket.
- We’re part of a network of more than 28,000 surcharge-free ATMs across the country (any Co-op Financial Services or Sharenet ATM).
- Although this segment presents it as something to be careful about, at First Source, we keep the details simple and clear. We don’t suddenly change terms on your accounts. Ask a Member. We let you know the terms, and we keep them consistent. No surprises.
- They also talk about a $20 entrance fee to join many credit unions, but not at First Source; here it’s only $5 which is your ownership in the company. Sweet.
They didn’t mention one big advantage you get: at First Source, we see you as a person with individual needs, from opening an account to applying for a loan. We get to know you, and we treat you like a friend. And you can take that to the…well, to the credit union.